Tailwind serves over 100,000 of the world’s leading visual marketers. Our software makes marketing on Pinterest and Instagram easier and more effective, that’s why our members love us.
Are you on fire to make a difference at work? We need you to turn Tailwind into the Internet’s destination for content about visual marketing.
Can you deliver consistently excellent, original writing, targeted to the needs of our community? Can you tell our story, and our customers’ stories, in ways that will cut through the clutter and really connect? Can you increase the loyalty of our existing audience with blogging, social media and email? Can you think beyond our existing audience and use techniques like PR, SEO and lead generation to reach new audiences and turn them into members?
Do you want to grow and learn and push yourself to out-compete some of the best content marketers in the world? We honestly believe that there is no other opportunity available like this in Oklahoma.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A remarkable and lively writer who loves the creative process and has fresh, interesting ideas that they can quickly realize.
- Able to write informatively about the visual marketing platforms Pinterest and Instagram. This will include (but won’t be limited to) news about updates to platforms; case studies of how successful brands and members have grown their followings and increased their virality; stories that emerge from our own data and the Pinterest and Instagram data we have access to as official partners; explorations of exemplary or innovative creative, design, photography or branding.
- A strategist capable of building a robust content schedule aligned with our organizational goals and product roadmap, and then sticking to it.
- A strong editor able to say no to not-so-good ideas, no matter who they come from, in order to make room for better ones. A compassionate feedback giver, capable of helping others grow as writers, marketers and communicators.
- A leader who inspires and brings out the best in other contributors, be they on the team, a freelancer, or part of our community of members. A natural communicator and educator.
- A marketer who understands how to measure the impact of their activities on the bottom line. A modern marketer who can use content marketing (or inbound marketing) tactics to multiply the potential audience for their content. Someone who enjoys promoting their content as much as they enjoyed writing it.
- An authentic, positive and energetic team-player without the burden of a pesky oversized ego.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience working as a content marketer, writer or editor.
- A modern PR toolset - capable of activating relevant influencers, affiliates, websites and media outlets.
- Experience managing freelancers.
- Experience setting and adhering to a united editorial calendar which includes blog posts, multimedia content, social posts, emails, offers, whitepapers etc.
- The skills to operate as a brand journalist, to spot compelling stories at work and tell them.
- Experience with:
- A Content Management System or CMS, (e.g. Wordpress)
- Email marketing software (e.g. Mail Chimp)
- Contributing to social media channels as a brand, (e.g. Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Community management or community building
- Experience building and delivering speaker decks at events
- Experience with:
- Paid social promotion
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Landing page optimization (e.g. Unbounce)
Please provide at least 3 samples of your writing that are, or were at one time, on the internet (blog posts, marketing copy, articles etc.).
This position is based in our Oklahoma City or New York City offices.